Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FOCUS...GOTTA' HAVE IT !!!


  Boy, I sure can tell when my 'other' life becomes a little more demanding. I lose all sense of time.
  Saturday was another eye-opener for me. I gave a presentation on kettlebells to some people that have never touched them. They did well but I was reminded of the frailty of the general public. The only bells I brought were a pair of 1's, 2's, and 3's. Dat'zit. They were smoked. The movement was stiff with many, many, compensations. They would do well if they continued their training. 
  B0dy and situational awareness...I cannot say enough about this topic. YA' GOTTA HAVE IT !!! Nobody can do this for you. You must see a movement pattern and put yourself in the users place. Where are the arms? Where are they looking? Do they stand straight? Where is the static or rest position. Are my glutes tight? Am I tensing and relaxing in the right places? Everything MUST be perfect . This is why we don't do 10-12 reps and just knock them out and go home. Five.....perfect. You train the way you practice so practice the way you train. Strict. Effective. Strong.

No comments: