Thursday, June 19, 2008

Went Big and Went Home


Six of us trained Wednesday on our off day. Since we had trained the previous two days we decided to keep the conditioning wear to a minimum and go heavy with the weight while keeping the reps down. After five rounds of floor attacks we went outside our comfort zone with snatches. Holding true to form is the key. The bell can not be slopped up into position. Once the confidence was built the fun began. The end result was Sarah and Kristina snatching the #3 (16 kg). Laurie snatched the #4 ( 20 KG!!). Mark whooped the Bulldog [#8] (40 kg). Paul snatched the #7 (32 kg), two bells heavier than he had snatched in the past. Against my better judgement, I snatched the Beast (48 kg). I say this because I am not sure where the boundaries are with my old back injury. I can rationalize the movement but it just doesn't seem possible. It appears to be another case and example of getting past self limiting factors. Kettlebell training doesn't seem to have any limits if the practitioner sticks to the principles. I will look at the weather on Saturday or Sunday and try to predict any extra training days we can insert into the week.

1 comment:

Money As Wealth said...

Snatching the beast??
Errr... are you saying that you tossed over a hundred pounds over your head with one hand?
It just ain't right...

V3