Monday, June 16, 2008

TGU...it does a body good


There is a reason Pavel uses the Turkish Get Up as part of his minimum. It is a non-grooved movement that will strengthen your entire body. First you have to pick the right weight. We had three sizes to train with today. The light one primed the motion. The second weight introduced you to the serious side of the movement. The third weight was for real. The intention was to do five on each side with each weight. When I got to the third (heaviest) bell, I could only do two on each side and keep my form. I felt my wrists giving out. As I type this the muscles in my forearm are turning from muscles to mushles. Fatigued, to say the very least. It's funny, it's always something. The body is getting stronger supporting the weight and then a new weak area is developed. This is a sense only possible with KB's. I was constantly changing up my training when I used machines or free weights to feel something in my training. A total of twenty four TGUs...I'm good for the day. Great effort on everyones part especially with the "pinwheel".

No comments: