Friday, June 20, 2008

PLAYING WITH 'THE BEAST'

I have been reassessing and evaluating my own limits since I snatched the Beast on Wednesday. I honestly thought it would torque my back so much that it would not be possible for me. The 'jerk press' to the overhead hold and windmill had felt good and strong. I was on grass so I thought if it was going to be to much, I would just bail out. Despite all the voices in my head telling me how stupid it is to try I did it anyway...and it went well. Now I am wondering what's next. I guess I can keep chipping away at the different benchmarks until I can't do it anymore. Either way I was feeling a little empowered today and decided to add to the windmill video on YouTube. My plan was to do a little circuit and push my abilities.About a third of the way into it I felt a tear. It was a pretty bad tear that will end my training for the day. Watch the video and see the ugliness. Mark O would have been proud of me.

No comments: