Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Bell Handle Made With Women In Mind.


Gotta' share a great observation that Gina RKC made. She perfected her snatch grip for the RKC and did volume after volume of snatches to get the required amount for certification. After that weekend she came home with a 'female friendly' handled bell. Two weeks later her grip technique has adapted to the smaller handle and the other bells are ripping into her hands. So, unless Dragon Door is going to make a complete set of bells with smaller handles your training may suffer. Use the smaller handled bells are your own discretion.

2 comments:

Gina said...

This is so true. Until the RKC I trained with the standard 16K. I switched at the RKC cert. It was much easier lift, but now any larger handle is not only tearing into my hands, but harder to lift. Loss of grip I say. It may be a good stepping stone to larger bells, but not a good thing to go back to once you're there. Just my 2 cents.

Linnea said...

Very Interesting. I got the female friendly 16 that weekend with the thought that I would be able to actually do 100 snatches with it because the large handle 16 got too hard to hold onto after about 10 on each side. Maybe it will be prudent to switch between the 2 size handles for training to maintain the grip strength for the larger bells.