Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is it a joke???


I think so...but, it has great merit. Below are two video links that have very different purposes. There is the mothership (RKC) and the other is the 'fitness industry.'  One could say that any exposure is good exposure and I would agree under one condition. Equal exposure. If someone said they tried kettlebells but didn't like the training and started talking about the fitness style I would say that they didn't  do service to themselves. On the other hand, I would bet this training is very effective. To be fair, he does draw a distinction between what we do and what he does.
  My son tested for his next level brown belt Saturday morning. Once again I had the pleasure of sitting in a room full of very talented, skill specific out of shape people. It is amazing. Additionally, at this movement center I saw kettlebells. So, I started looking for the the info' and sign up sheets to the classes. The flyer for the half-hour level one classes hit all the beneficial points we discuss with one exception. At the bottom it said, "This training is for those seeking a less strenuous work out." (insert crickets here)..... I picked my jaw up off the floor, grabbed my family and went home. I put this in the same category as the gang banger shooting the fully automatic assault rifle and when it jams he throws it on the ground and runs.  Without the proper KB instruction you may as well stay on the treadmill. 

No comments: