Friday, August 22, 2008

OLD MYTHS WON"T GO AWAY !!


I am not making a reference to anyone. I just need to purge a little. We are so visual when it comes to strength. I can not make this clear enough...the size of the muscle does not determine it's strength. The strength of the muscle determines it's strength. I know that sounds silly and seems obvious especially to the hard-stylers that have been with me a while. But it won't go away. Just recently I was in this discussion again. "Look at my muscle. This arms much stronger." =gasp= No, the other arm is less trained. Simple. Your 'weak' arm will get 'stronger' just by asking it to do more. Start making the new connections with your less dom' arm or leg. It is a little outside the comfort zone. The coordination isn't there...yet. Mentally you know you can't do as many with that leg or that arm so you don't. It's self defeating. You tell me it's your weak side. I tell you 'show me'...pick up the bell and do the movement. I see your movement is poor. The pattern is outside the groove. The wrist and elbow is bent. So your attempt is poor. The other side you do everything right so it is a successful lift. If you could just see what I see.
This has been a good summer for training. We have a great core group that enjoys rolling around on packed dirt and dead grass while dirt clouds pass over us. Rapture. Tuesday, Sept 2nd we are back at Wilshire Park Elementary School. I am really going to miss the extra training days. I would like to see more days available to us but it will not happen through the Community Center. It is a tapped resource. The few extra Wednesdays are just a fluke. I can't make them mine. I am looking throughout the N.E. area for a space. We need 1600-2000 sq/ft and access to a bathroom. That's it. Seems pretty simple. I will have more time to explore this after the holiday. In the meantime, if anyone knows of a warehouse space or something similar...shoot me an email. This winter it would be nice to hand out "cold one's" that we can drink rather than swing. Those bells do get frosty!!

FRIDAY, AUG.22nd TRAINING WILL BEGIN AT 5:00 PM NEXT TO THE COMMUNITY CENTER

See you then!
~datzit-Michael

No comments: