Friday, March 23, 2012

So...What happened ?


The bulk of us are at the 5 ladder and 4 rungs for the heavy day...which was today and for the rest of us...tomorrow. Today I got all the rungs with the 7.5 (36kg) bell. Now, I had gone thru this in my head a number of times and I didn't finish the rungs...in my head. My head is pretty reliable. I think going into today I spooked myself on the left. It wasn't happening. I never found my groove on the left. I moved from the bell. I just wasn't getting it. Having said that...I got it. My choices now are should I repeat the week knowing that my performance on the left wasn't the best and work on a stronger showing or do I dial in and step up a rung next week. I don't know. I am going to think about it over the weekend. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have been biking to work over the past week/end. Nothing fantastic. An easy 5.5 miles each way. I have baggage (boy, do I have baggage) that accounts for maybe 15 extra pounds hung on the bike. Mostly my clothes for work. I didn't change a thing with my eating habits. As a matter of fact, my eating has been sucky during my work cycle with the exception of some natural peanut butter and Flackers (thanks Sarah). Everyone at work enjoyed the 2 hour "pick the flax seed from your teeth" party after eating them. I stopped drinking beer, again. Not that I drank that much of it. It wasn't a tough thing for me to stop. I did start drinking a wine blend called 'Menage a Trois'...something about the label caught my eye. Not sure what....either way, it's good. MY POINT! I am now sitting at a body weight of 180.5 lbs and I still hit my numbers.Keep in mind, last year at this time I was trying to keep under 200lbs so I had a 3 lb buffer for the RKC II weight in. My weight is significant to me at this point. Small food changes and a small boost in activity over the course of a week dropped me over 3 lbs.I got on the web sites...I tried to figure it out. I burn maybe 300-400 calories biking. Not a lot. Then again...does it need to be? It's cumulative . Right? It goes on that way...and it comes off that way. What's your plan? Do you have one? Happy with your status quo...or are you done pretending?

No comments: