Thursday, August 13, 2009

Threw caution to the wind.....


..and slapped a PR on my shoulders. I had to burn an hour and a half this morning before I was able to go to bed after working the night shift. So, I thought I may as well go to the studio and get some training. I assessed my hands and found them to be in very good shape. I didn't want to train anything technical so I put snatches on the menu. Looked at my hands again and said "Screw it!!" AC on high. Music up. Shirt off. Time to rip it up with the Max VO2. Grabbed a 20 kg bell (#4) and 80 sets/7 snatches per work set, later I was drinking a beer without one tear on my hands. I have blisters and sore areas but nothing broke. It was a long ride but I was motivated and had a little fire in my belly. This is a personal record for me. It wasn't easy. The last 12-15 minutes I was being very deliberate on how I moved the bell. Now I can take a shower and go to bed.
Friday and Saturday will be the same training. I have a special treat. Protect your hands! See you then!!

1 comment:

Gary Horn said...

I'm wondering what the proper technique is for dropping the kettlebell after a snatch in order to set up another snatch. I suspect that I'm not keeping it in proper control? Maybe you could show us the proper way, so that we don't wrench our wrists, elbows or shoulders.