Friday, August 7, 2009

It's the little things...

LOOK AT HIS WRIST. IT'S STRAIGHT !!!! TIGHT FIST WITH NON-WORKING ARM!!
I spoke earlier of the pressing technique that was applied to my Marine Sniper friend at the previous RKC. That event was caught on film. After tweeking a few things, Chief Instructor Pavel moved him into pressing the Beast. It was a great thing to watch. I recently got an email from a very happy family member. After four years of not training with kettlebells, he's now sold. Why? Because he can comb his hair again. He hasn't been able to do that simple task with his operative shoulder since his surgery. He has been training with KB's for one month. Fortunately he has light bells otherwise I know he would do more weight (incorrectly) and screw things up again. Love the guy, but he is a stubborn power junkie.
I am back on track after 8 days of running in the woods. The diet suffered greatly but it was made up for by activity. Tonight we will bridge some gaps. I have been reminded of some old drills which may need to be revisited.

No comments: