Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Having a Melt Down ?


The heavy snatches went better than I expected. I call it the big reveal. I knew some people were sandbagging it but I had know idea how many. It was great. PR's with the men and women. Now we can all move up a weight. The bell you can hang with has changed and so has the hang time. From now on we will grab a heavy bell to hang with for single digit minutes rather than a light bell for double digit minutes. Our big light days will be VO2 days. Time to change the format and get neck deep in 'Hard-Style."
Today I tested the waters. I snatched the 24 kg (#5) seven times following the VO2 15:15 protocol. I didn't complete it I only went for 20 minutes. It is a very different beast. Next time I will go for 30 minutes and see how it turns out before I zip into the full 40 minutes. It is a different beast.

4 comments:

Gary Horn said...

I don't like the sound of this. This sounds very bad.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Wish I could have made it for the heavy/PR stuff. Dang head cold... Next time!

Gina said...

I was pleasantly surprised with what I was able to do; but now that I read the outcome, I'm not so sure :)

Tom Healy said...

Here is a great article to back up your MaxVo2... http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/Kettlebells012010.pdf