Thursday, May 14, 2009

NEW AND IMPROVED !!!!!


  I had two conversations in the past two days. One was with Deb which I started the other was with a random person in a coffee shop. He made the comment and I added the chorus. The thrust of the talks were how much is recycled. If your have a subscription to any magazine for a year, you can take the fist issue and read it again starting the second year. Nothing is new. Same old recipes, shoppers guides, workouts, health tips and cheerleading. As I read the Kettlebell Forums I have come to the same conclusion. The info' and conversations are recycled as each new group of new RKC's hit the forum. Stuff that had been discussed is re-discussed as if it were a new thought or idea. I find I am getting less and less from the forums. There is still the 'industry' back slapping and 'high fiving' to look forward too. People getting praised for mediocre lifts. It may be good or great for them but it is not worthy of national attention...just my opinion. A lot of really great lifts and feats are being buried by average stuff. Being proud of yourself is great. Feel good about it. I would pause before I got on a forum. Lose 110 pounds? Announce it to the world!!! Lose 40 pounds? Let's go celebrate with a pizza! Bottom line...hard-style is hard-style. Six or seven basic moves to keep your body satisfied with multiple variations to keep your brain satisfied. It's not rocket science. It's hard-style. Some will thrive in this environment. Some will become discouraged and leave to die elsewhere. It's all good. 

No comments: